Come Grow with Us!
One of the best ways that individuals can support Topeka Common Ground is to become a member. Your membership will help Topeka Common Ground all year long, and support our mission. Becoming a member helps in several ways:
- Growing our membership expands our capacity to get the work done. The more members we have, the more capacity we will have to carry out our work – soliciting seed donations, starting seedlings, distributing seeds and seedlings, planning educational programs and social events. We need your help!
- You are our voice in the community! Help spread the word about Community Gardening in Shawnee County. As members, you will be among the first to learn about what we are working on. Share the latest news with your own friends and contacts, and help raise awareness and support of our efforts and projects.
- Membership dues provide an important source of funding. Although we operate on a very small budget, we do incur expenses to purchase seedlings and fund the mini-grants that we make available to our Affiliate Gardens. The more money we have to work with, the more support we will be able to provide.
Benefits of Membership:
- Receive our monthly e-newsletter
- Opportunities to become involved and support Topeka Common Ground by volunteering with us (seed starting, seed & seedling distribution events, or helping to plan, organize and staff TCG events and programs)
- Invitation to participate in our annual seed distribution -select up to 20 packets of free garden seeds (vegetables, herbs or flowers) for your personal use
- Invitation to participate in our annual tour of Community Gardens
- Opportunity to serve on the Topeka Common Ground Board of Directors
- Networking with area community gardens and gardeners
- Invitations to participate in TCG-sponsored events (workshops, seminars, webinars, classes, garden-to-table celebration events, etc.)
Becoming a Member is Easy! Join Today!
To join online, click the “Join Online Now” button below. If you would prefer to download a membership form and mail it in with your payment, click on the “Download Form” button.